Do you lead a busy life? Are you always running late and never have time to make breakfast? Well, we've got something for you! Introducing the breakfast cookie that can be made in an air fryer. The dough can be stored in the freezer, ready for use when you're in a hurry. So whether you're on your way to work or school, or just need a quick breakfast fix, this breakfast cookie is perfect for you!
Cinnamon Oat Breakfast Cookie
All you need is :
- ½ cup quick oats
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
With this recipe, you can make it in two ways; Mini cookies or a one giant breakfast cookie, its your choice.
How To Make The Breakfast Cookie
To make the mini cookies, simply preheat your air fryer to 175-180C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or tin foil. Scoop out dough by the tablespoon onto the prepared baking sheet. Make sure to flatten each cookie slightly so they cook evenly. Cook for about 7-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the air fryer and let cool on a wire rack.
For the giant breakfast cookie, preheat your air fryer to175-180C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or tin foil. Scoop out all of the dough onto the prepared baking sheet and flatten into one big cookie. Cook for about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the air fryer and let cool on a wire rack.
Both versions of the breakfast cookie are delicious and perfect for a quick breakfast on the go! So if you're ever in a rush, make sure to give this recipe a try. You won't be disappointed!
If you want to add different flavours to the breakfast cookie then why not add some mashed bananas to the mixture or peanut butter for more protein or even cranberries/raisins to get one of your 5 a day in. Its the perfect balance to get sweet and healthy breakfast.
Useful Things You May Not Know:
1. You can easily make our mini or giant cookies in a regular over at 200 for 10 to 12 mins. Best thing is that you wont need to spread the mixture as it will spread in a regular oven.
2. Don't worry about spreading because it wont spread much in the air fryer. If the dough is not pressed down enough it will stay in a round ball and stay raw in the centre. Air Fryers will cook quickly on the outside if they're not flattened.
3. The great thing about this recipe is that the cookie dough can be frozen up to 6 months.
4. It's not really necessary to preheat an air fryer to bake these delicious cookies. As air fryers are small kitchen equipment, the temperature rises quickly. But if you are using a regular oven, it will need preheating.
5. Not good with keeping the same size cookie using the spoon why not try a 40 cookie scoop which will give you the perfect walnut-sized cookies.
Breakfast is an important meal of the day, so make sure to start your day off right with a nutritious breakfast! Now that you know a quick and easy way to make breakfast and if you're ever in a hurry, these breakfast cookies are the perfect solution.
If you want to try this recipe then go ahead, comment down below how it went. Tell us if you made mini cookies or one big breakfast cookie and don't forget to tag us in your Instagram post @nutritiongeeks! We would love see your creations!
And if you're looking for more air fryer breakfast recipes, be sure to check out our blog or TikTok page for more ideas. Happy cooking!
Do you have any breakfast recipes that you love? Share them with us in the comments.